WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar had initially been advertised for last week’s edition of “Monday Night Raw,” just after the “Fastlane” pay-per-view. He and his advocate Paul Heyman were set to address Roman Reigns’, the No. 1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.
However, a backstage argument between Vince McMahon and Lesnar reportedly got incredibly heated, and ultimately led to Lesnar having his appearance canceled. The “Beast Incarnate” walked out of the arena, and WWE was forced to re-write its main event. The argument was said not to involve anything from creative, but purely financially.
According to F4WOnline, the confrontation between McMahon and Lesnar almost turned physical. Dave Meltzer reports there was a lot of shouting back and forth between the two in public. There was concern from several that McMahon would be physically outmatched by Lesnar if it turned into a fight, but nothing ultimately occurred.
He also noted McMahon was approached as to whether the argument would change any plans regarding the WrestleMania main event, which was met with assurance it would not. It is said McMahon is not worried about Lesnar no-showing the biggest pay-per-view of the year, because the company could easily sue the champion for breach of contract.
Lesnar appeared at UFC 184 Saturday night and reportedly met with Dana White. His last contracted appearance for WWE is the “RAW” after WrestleMania, and it is known he has several suitors in the MMA world.
Ugly, ugly situation, which likely means he’s on his way out. Will they throw him under the bus once more?